Displays a list of questions and answers. The questions are presented in the first screen. Clicking on a question brings you to the next screen with the answer to that question.
This building block is a way of giving users more information in a question and answer format.
Adding the FAQ building block
- Click on Add Block.
- Select the FAQ block and click Next.
- Fill in the name of the block.
- Click on the icon if you want to change the image used in the menu.
- When you’re done, click Finish.
Editing the questions and answers
Edit your questions and answers in the Content Settings of your FAQ block.
Adding an entry
- Select the FAQ block in your app.
- Go to the Content Settings by selecting the Content tab.
- Click on the + icon.
- Fill in the question in the Question field.
- Click in the Answer field.
- Fill in the answer in the Text Editor and when you're done click Close.
- Save your entry by clicking Save or cancel by clicking on the home icon.
Editing an entry
Hover the cursor over an existing entry to edit, rearrange or delete it.
- Edit: select the pen icon and edit the content. When you're done click on Save to save or on the home icon to return without saving.
- Rearrange: grab the handle on the right side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
- Delete: click on the garbage can to delete the entry from your block.
Configuring the FAQ building block
The "FAQ" building block editor is composed of three editing screens: "Settings", "Content" and "Design".
The settings in the "Settings" editing screen determine how your block will function, "Content" allows you maintain the content of the block, and the settings in the "Design" screen determine its aesthetics.
There are several aspects of your "FAQ" block that can be changed in this screen:
- The name of the block
- The icon (or image) that will be used in the app menu
- The top image for the "FAQ" screen
- Allow users to be able to share the events via twitter, Facebook, or email
Should the need arise to keep the users of your published app from using this portion of the app, then you can always make use of the "ON/OFF" sliding selector.
Slide the selector to "OFF" to keep users from seeing the "FAQ" block. Now you can continue developing your app without worrying about users coming upon areas that you haven't finished developing as of yet. Once you are satisfied with your progress, slide the selector back to "ON" to publish this portion of your app.
This is where you add the the questions and answers to your list. Click here to read more about working with "List" settings.
The "Design" screen allows your to make highly detailed changes to your building block. "Design" gives the developer a remarkable amount of freedom to adjust everything exactly as he or she would like it. If you'd like to know more about how "Design" works, click here.