Your app has been published to the app stores. Now you're ready to start making changes to the app and pushing these to the app's users.
Once you've made these changes and are satisfied with the way your app is looking in the AppMachine Previewer you can update the app. To do so, please follow the steps below.
How to update your app
- Select the 'Publish' tab.
- Click Publish in the top right corner
- Your app will be checked to make sure all required information is available. Sometimes you need to add additional keys if you have added some specific new blocks, for example Twitter or User authentication
- Choose for which app store you want to do a build.
This is how this screen will look like if you have setup your app for both stores. You can deselect a platform if you want
- If your app is already available in the app store and you have made some small content changes. In that case the screen above can look like this:
Content Updates vs Store Updates
When you update your app, AppMachine will submit either a Content Update or a Store Update. Which update is submitted depends on the changes that you have made to the app since its last update.
- Include the most basic updates to your app's design and content
- Available within 5 minutes
- Required for changes to the app icon, the store screenshots or to the store information.
- Required if the app now includes a block that was not available in the AppMachine platform at the time of the last store update
- Required to fix bugs in the code
- Store Updates take 2-3 business days for both Android and iOS apps.
App Updates are included in your app subscription and can be triggered as long as you have an active subscription.